ITUP is now hiring!
|March 11, 2013||Posted by David Yun under Special Features||
ITUP is currently seeking candidates for the position of Research Manager! Applicants must provide a resume and a research-based writing sample on a health-related topic. Please email resumes and writing samples with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Insure the Uninsured Project’s (ITUP) goal is to identify and promote new approaches to expand health care and coverage for the uninsured. The Project focus is on developing connections among parties interested and able to make public and private reform happen. Our goals are accomplished through regional and statewide workgroups, an annual statewide conference, legislative briefings, reports, and network building.
Position: Research Manager
Location: 2444 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 412, Santa Monica, CA 90403
Salary: Competitive (D.O.E.) and benefits
Hours: Full Time
The Research Manager is an integral part of the ITUP team. This position provides research and analytical support to all team members. The Research Manager works with the ITUP team to research and prepare reports and plan meetings and events. This includes the ITUP annual conference and our regional and issue workgroups.
• Quantitative and qualitative research on health care implementation efforts
• Preparing reports on state and federal legislation
• Assisting Regional Workgroup Director with planning of regional workgroups and preparation of data, county and regional summaries, and presentations for the regional workgroups
• Assisting Policy Director with preparation of additional state workgroups (Exchange, Medi-Cal Transformation, Delivery and Reimbursement Reform)
• Preparing evaluations of workgroups and other ITUP events
Responsibilities may expand and evolve depending on the individual’s experience and expertise.
• Masters in Public Health, Public Policy or equivalent
• Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
• Strong organizational, problem solving, communication and computer skills
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with colleagues
• Proven ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines
• Passion for health policy and reform efforts