If You are Uninsured…
|February 12, 2015||Posted by Lucien Wulsin under Blog||
If You are Uninsured or Have Private Individual Insurance, Ten Good Reasons to Enroll before February 15, 2015
— the Deadline for Covered California –
- In case you get sick — measles, mumps, the flu, chicken pox or any other infectious disease.
- In case you get hurt — driving, fixing the house, at a rowdy Super Bowl party, exercising or just walking the dog.
- In case you get pregnant.
- In case you get really sick – cancer, heart attack, depression or stroke.
- In case you are not a billionaire and cannot afford to pay for all your medical bills out of your own pocket.
- To make your mom, dad, grandma, kids or siblings happy that you’ll be ok if something bad happens. To make your partner happy for Valentine’s Day.
- To get preventive care or a check up so you stay healthy.
- Because the next open enrollment is not until November 15, 2015 and you cannot just buy individual coverage any time you need it to pay your bills.
- Because you are likely to qualify for some help paying your monthly premiums and/or out of pocket costs (incomes up to $46,680 for an individual or $95,400 for a family of four).
- Because you don’t want to pay the penalty for being uninsured in 2015 – 2% of your income or $295 per year, whichever is more.