CA School Health Center Association to Host Conference in Long Beach
|December 3, 2012||Posted by Kandis Driscoll under Blog||
The California School Health Centers Association would like to invite you to join hundreds of health care providers, school officials, and children’s health stakeholders at the Vision & Voice for Healthy Students conference. The conference will be held March 14th and 15th at The Westin in Long Beach.
School health services increase care access and utilization, prevent unnecessary hospital visits, and reduce health care spending. Attendees of the conference will have an opportunity to learn about the latest approaches and updates on providing health care in schools, network with hundreds of other health care providers, school officials, and children’s health stakeholders, attend engaging workshops, and hear a keynote address by The California Endowment’s Dr. Robert K. Ross. Workshops will include discussions on each of the following:
· Patient-Centered Medical Home: What Is It and How Do SBHCs Fit In?
· First Aid at SBHCs: Improving Services through Collaboration
· Preserving Adolescent-Friendly Services in an SBHC That Serves the Whole Community
· Engaging Students and Schools to Maximize Health Insurance Coverage
· Building Stronger Partnerships With School Administrations
· Health Clinic Regulations: Important Updates for School-Based Providers
· Engaging Schools and Students as Sex Education Advocates
· Integrating Comprehensive Oral Health into an SBHC
To learn more, click here.
Register at www.schoolhealthcenters.org before February 8th to receive discounted rates!