ITUP Launches Priority Issue Workgroups
|September 17, 2010||Posted by ITUP under Blog||
I’m excited to announce that today we are initiating our Priority Issue Workgroups.
Over the next few months, we will be convening — in person, over the web, and on the phone — key stakeholders and thinkers in four specific areas (below) in order to begin thinking and producing recommendations on the way we in California implement health reform.
Our goal is to ensure that we take advantage of this once-in-a-generation opportunity to:
• cover more of the uninsured;
• help Californians maintain better health;
• lower costs;
• make the entire healthcare system easier to understand and navigate;
• simplify the administration of our public programs; and
• foster coordination among all health-related partners.
Priority Issues Workgroups will be convened in the following areas:
(1) Program Simplification
(2) The California Health Benefit Exchange
(3) Integration of the Safety Net Delivery System(s)
(4) Provider Capacity & Reimbursement Reform
We will be in touch with many key stakeholders soon to begin the process. If you are interested in participating in one or more of the workgroups, e-mail me (cliff (at) itup.org) today.