HealthyCity.org Public Health Webinar
|September 8, 2010||Posted by ITUP under Blog||
HealthyCity.org is hosting a webinar from 10:00 – 11:30 am for individuals working in the Public Health and Health fields.
Details: Thursday, September 16th 10:00 – 11:30 am. Register here.
The webinar will examine how you can use HealthyCity.org to research social determinants of health and visualize health disparities. After attending this webinar, professionals in the field will understand how to use data and maps as research and advocacy tools. Specifically, you will learn how to:
· Find key health data statistics and create compelling maps;
· See how your region compares to other regions or to state averages on various health indicators;
· Identify key health issues and look at these issues in relation to other community demographic, economic, housing, education, and environmental data;
· Upload or create your own local datasets, and analyze these together with other data on the website; and
· Inform and support advocacy work around issue areas such as obesity, community violence, and insurance status.
Click here to register.