Speak Up! Comment on Health Reform Regs
|July 9, 2010||Posted by ITUP under Blog||
The Obama Administration recently announced requests for public comment on a few health reform related regulations. If you can, you are encouraged to provide HHS your perspective and suggestions.
In particular, the Departments of HHS, Labor, and Treasury released several regulations to implement the new Patients’ Bill of Rights. The regs relate to:
* the prohibition of discrimination based on pre-existing conditions for children;
* the ban on lifetime limits on coverage;
* the ban on unfair rescissions of coverage;
* the restriction of cost-sharing for emergency services; and
* other patient protections.
Information on the rules is available on the HHS website.
Comments on the regs are due by August 27, 2010 and the rules go into effect September 23, 2010.
You can comment directly to HHS on line.